What are CalPATH & PATH?
The CalPATH & PATH Home Loan Programs are available exclusively to Mountain West Financial clients and is designed to benefit those that serve our local communities... it's our way of saying "thank you!" Offering hundreds of dollars in upfront savings with reduced lender fees and a thousands of dollars over the life of the loan with reduced interest rates!
We are proud to celebrate our 6 year anniversary of offering this unique home loan to our communities! Complete the quick quote and one of our Loan Originators will give you a call to answer any of your questions and get you pre-qualified for a CalPATH or PATH Home Loan today!
With no additional qualifying or costs, benefits of a CalPATH or PATH home loan include:
- Reduced Lender Fees
- Reduced Interest Rates
- FHA or Conventional loan options available
- Purchase or Refinance!
- Can be used with other downpayment assistance programs
- Available for high balance loans
- 15, 20, 25 or 30 year terms available
- No additional qualifying – follows FHA & Conventional standard guidelines
- One free float down – during the first 30 days (or before the Closing Disclosure is issued, whichever is sooner) after the rate is locked, if rates become lower you can “float down” to that new lower rate
- Not limited to first time homebuyers
- Available to eligible borrowers in Arizona, California, Colorado, Nevada, Oregon Texas, Utah & Washington.
To be eligible for CalPATH or PATH, you must be a member or employee of one of the following:
- Arizona: Members of Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
- Nevada: Members of Public Employees' Retirement system of Nevada
- Oregon: Members of Oregon Public Retirement System (PERS)
- Utah: Members of Utah Retirement System (URS)
History of the CalPATH & PATH Home Loan Programs
In March of 2013, Mountain West Financial was selected as the master servicer for the CalSTRS Home Loan Program. To read the official announcement, click here. During the first few months of collaboration, CalSTRS determined that due to market conditions, they would suspend the launch of a new program, visit the CalSTRS website regarding the suspension of the CalSTRS Home Loan Program.
In October of 2013, Mountain West Financial released CalPATH to fill a void left in the market due to the suspension of the CalSTRS Home Loan Program, and introduced the CalPATH Home Loan Program. To learn more about the launch of the CalPATH program, click here to read the full press release.
In September of 2014, the program was expanded and the name changed to "PATH" as it became available to other states. Click here to learn more about the expansion of the PATH Home Loan Program into Colorado.
The PATH Home Loan Program continued to grow and become available in Arizona and Oregon. Click here to learn more about program enhancements and additional states.
As Mountain West Financial continued to grow, so did our reach of the program, PATH was made available in Nevada, Utah and Washington. Click here to read more.
In early 2016, the program was again expanded to Idaho, Texas and Wyoming. Click here to read more.